Dear Lark Family,
We are deeply saddened by the senseless killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, Ahmaud Arbery, Riah Milton, Dominique Fells, and the countless others before them. Lark Traditional Arts stands in solidarity with the communities and families who have lost loved ones, the Black Lives Matter movement, and the global protests against systemic racism and police brutality. We encourage you to find ways to support Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), and the organizations committed to defending and protecting them. There are many forms our individual and collective support can take. We are working on curating a list of resources to help people explore these topics and expand their knowledge. We will share these resources soon, and encourage community members to recommend resources for us to include.
Sincerely and with love,
Will Wheeler (President)
Celia Ramsay (Vice President)
Meghan Miller (Secretary/Treasurer)
The Lark Traditional Arts Board
FROM DANESE COOPER AND THE LARK CAMP CABARET TEAM:
Lark Week Call For Volunteers and Submissions
The Lark Camp Cabaret team would like to do something special for the week we would have been at Lark. We can only do it with the help of the whole Lark Camp Community!
With your help, we would like to create a daily broadcast for the week of camp. We need content you can share (mentioned below) by Sunday, July 12! See upload links in the text below.
THERE ARE THREE WAYS YOU CAN HELP!
Be a Technical Volunteer:
- Video Editors – If you’ve ever used iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or Adobe Premiere – we need your help!
- Content Delivery Organizers – We need help wrangling specific content delivery. We’ll give you guidance, and you’ll babysit the deliverables.
- Image Reviewers – We hope to collect a lot of image content and need folks sift through it to find the perfect images…that could be you!
Share Your Still Photographs, Video and Audio Recordings from Lark:
If you have great photos, videos, or sound recordings from Lark, can you share them with us?
- Recognizable stills or video from:
- Camp One: Walking to dinner from the cabins, Kids Play, Swap Meet, Fire Circle, Kitchen, Coffeehouse, Dance Hall, Dining Hall, etc.
- Camp Two: Midnight Outdoor Dance, Swap Meet, Fire Circle and Coffeehouse, etc.
- Camp Three: Rebetika (Kafana) Tent, Kitchen and/or Performances
- Camp 4: AKA the shuttle bus.
- Live recordings (with or without video) of performances or sessions
- Camp Setup/Teardown images
- Video or stills of the line to get through registration on Friday
- Nature walks, the creek, the Big Tree Trail,and Swimming Hole
- EXTRA CREDIT Archival Lark Camp images and video
Share Your Talent!
We would love to include your:
- Lark stories
- Jokes (ideally suitable for all audiences, please)
- Craft projects that kids can do at home
- Poetry/songs about Lark
- Songs, tunes, short dance lessons – you get the idea!
REMEMBER: Content collection deadline will be Sunday, July 12th. THANK YOU!
Fill out the following form to register your interest in helping!