LARK CAMP WAIVER
- I hereby acknowledge that I am aware that the Mendocino Woodlands State Park, where Lark Camp events take place, are located in a natural redwood forest.
- I understand that there are natural streams, ponds, holes in the ground, both obscured and unobscured, hills, trees, rocks, insects, animals, and other potential hazards common to any natural forested area.
- Further, I understand that this area remains, to a large extent, in its natural state, and I agree to assume the risk of any personal injury or property damage that may occur while participating in activities at Lark Camp.
- I further acknowledge that this musical/cultural event can be a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by lack of hydration, sleep deprivation, terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, the physical condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, and the actions of other people, including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, instructors, event officials, event monitors, and/or producers of the event. These risks are present for all participants of Lark Camp.
- I hereby assume all the risks of participating in and/or volunteering at this event. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released; from the use, by myself or others, of dangerous or defective musical instruments, or the use of musical instruments in a manner for which the instruments were not specifically designed; and from equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by persons other than myself, even those whose possible liability might arise without fault or negligence on anyone’s part.
- I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the events in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events.
For considering my application (and/or my child(ren)’s application) and permitting me (and/or my child(ren)) to participate in this event, I agree to take action for myself, and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: I hereby waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me or to my children, including during my travel to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Mendocino Woodlands Camp Association, Lark Camp, Lark Traditional Arts (LTA), and the State of California; their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents; the event holders, event sponsors, and event volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this event. I acknowledge that Lark Camp, Lark Traditional Arts (LTA), and the Mendocino Woodlands do not provide medical care and that I must bring any medications I need, including epinephrine injectors. In the event that I require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I understand that I should have my own health insurance.
I understand that I might be photographed at this event or related activities. I agree to allow my photo, video, field recording, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
This Accident Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. I hereby certify that I have read this document and understand its content.
The undersigned parent or legal guardian does hereby represent that he/she is, in fact, acting in such capacity and agrees to save and hold harmless and indemnify each party and all parties referred to above from all liability, loss, cost, claim, or damage whatsoever that may be imposed on said parties because of any defect in or lack of such capacity to so act and release said parties on behalf of the minor and the parents or legal guardian.